I am a finalist in the Petties Awards, in the category of Funniest Blog. While I am funny (and very, very cute), this message has a serious note.
When I win this award, a donation of $1000 will be made to the shelter of my choice. Of course, I choose my shelter, the Humane Society of Chittenden County (HSCC). This the place where I met Thing One. If it wasn’t for the staff at HSCC, I wouldn’t be a famous internet cat. I would still be awesome and very, very cute (of course), but you wouldn’t know about me.
You can vote for me (and a bunch of other wonderful pet bloggers) every day this month at http://petties.dogtime.com/. I will remind you. Cats excel at persistence.
Please vote for me if I have ever made you laugh or smile. Since I don’t have a paycheck or a credit card, there are limited ways I can say “thanks” to my shelter, HSCC.
CFB’s Top Ten Reasons to Like HSCC:
1. The staff there thinks I am cute. And fabulous. They are professionals, so they should know.
2. They accept animals brought to them regardless of health, age, or behavioral issues.
3. They know I’m awesome. And adorable. They told me so.
4. They work hard to to make the right match for every animal – and every potential adopter – in their care.
5. Me + Thing One = Unbeatable combination.
6. They do not euthanize animals for space or length of stay – they keep and care for every animal at HSCC for as long as it takes to find them a forever home.
7. The staff and volunteers were all really nice to me, even when I wasn’t nice to them.
8. They have many community education and outreach programs.
9. Did I mention they think I am cute? And fabulous?
10. If it wasn’t for HSCC, I wouldn’t have my couch.
THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY FUZZY LITTLE HEART. GO VOTE. FEED ME. MEOW.