In National Novel Writing Month: The Cat Version, we’re focusing on an important skill for all writers — procrastination. It’s Day 5 of our project, so we need some serious distractions.
Here’s a list of things you can do RIGHT NOW to procrastinate.
- Go check on your cat to see if it wants a snack.
- Don’t have a cat? Go adopt one. Every writer’s day should begin with some cuteness.
- Lay all of your dry-clean-only items on the bed, so your cat has a nice place to nap
- Experiment to find the optimal combination of pureed chicken liver and tuna juice to add to your kitty’s smoothie.
- Build a cat fort in your dining room.
- Take 300 photos of your cat. Survey your friends and e-mail their favorite one to me, for my website.
- Supervise your cat while it takes a nap.
- Take the dog for a walk. Don’t worry about bringing it back.
- Subscribe to my blog.
- Go open some small, expensive cans for your cat.